Diploma in Health Sciences (Therapeutic Massage)
Therapeutic massage is an exciting and fast growing health modality, nationally and internationally. This qualification provides practitioners with the ability to assess dysfunction in the soft tissues of the body and to apply techniques for change. Clients may experience reduced pain and improved physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
Why choose this qualification?
- Your Diploma will provide the basis for working as a professional therapeutic massage therapist.
- There are many career opportunities including: self-employment, working alongside other professionals in a multi-health practice, e.g. physiotherapy, acupuncture, osteopathy or medical centre. Other opportunities include ski-fields, gymnasiums, cruise ships, tourism, spas, resorts, hotels, on-site corporate, rest homes and rehabilitation centres.
- NZQA Level 6, 18 months full time. Limited part time day classes available. Ask about a mid-year start.
- Approved for student loans for domestic students and allowances for full time domestic students.
- International students – please contact the office for the international application pack and fee structure.
Start Date: 11 February 2013
Need more information?
Join us at our Information Evenings - for details of dates and times visit http://www.massagecollege.ac.nz/information-evenings