Certificate in Relaxation Massage
Relaxation massage brings about a general sense of unwinding in the body and reduces muscle tension. It assists general health and immune function and reduces the effects of stress, anxiety and trauma. Pressure may be lighter or deeper, depending on the receiver, and may be general or more focused on particular muscle groups. Research studies show that touch is essential for health and wellbeing.
This course combines instruction on current relaxation massage techniques and quality of touch with relevant information on the human body.
Why choose this qualification?
- Your Certificate will enable you to practice massage professionally for relaxation of healthy people.
- There are many employment opportunities including: self employment, work within the spa industry, workplace, onsite, corporates, gymnasiums, tourism/hotel industry and health centres.
- This Certificate is a very useful addition to other health/ fitness qualifications, e.g. nursing, physiotherapy, beauty therapy, sports science and personal training.
- NZQA approved Level 4, 22 weeks in class full-time or part-time
- Day, Evening and Weekend Class options available.
- Approved for Student Loans for domestic student for both full time and part time options.
- Approved for student allowances for full time domestic students only.
- Relaxation massage techniques: quality of touch, long flowing strokes and deep tissue massage
- Professional massage therapy equipment and use
- Sports therapy - pre and post event massage
- Introduction to human anatomy and physiology
- Massage setup, client assessment and draping techniques
- First aid certification - a requirement for all practicing health practitioners including massage therapists
- Massage practice management - setting up your own massage therapy practice
- Introduction to reiki, reflexology and facial/spa massage, on-site chair massage
- Muscle identification, body landmarks, insertions and relaxation techniques
- Introduction to surface anatomy - identification of bones and muscles
- Be over 18 years of age with physical and mental fitness
- 42 credits at NCEA level 3 with 14 credits in two of the following subjects: Chemistry, Science, Biology, Health Studies, Physical Education
- Literacy requirements - 8 credits at level 2 (or higher) : 4 credits in reading and 4 credits in writing
- Discretionary entrance available
Full-Time Start dates:
- September 2013 (Wellington)
- February 2014 (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch)
Part Time Certificate Option
NZCM is happy to provide a Part Time Certificate in Relaxation Massage option for students wanting Weekend studies. The Part Time Certificate covers all the material availible in Full-Time classes but runs 2 Full Weekend's per month with a component of Distance Learning.
Next start date in Auckland: September 2013 - Apply now!
Next start date in Wellington: September 2013 - Apply now!
Next start date in Christchurch: February 2014 - Apply now!
Need more information? Join us at our Information Evenings