Certificate in Relaxation Massage
Relaxation massage brings about a general sense of unwinding in the body and reduces muscle tension. It assists general health and immune function and reduces the effects of stress, anxiety and trauma. Pressure may be lighter or deeper, depending on the receiver, and may be general or more focused on particular muscle groups. Research studies show that touch is essential for health and wellbeing.
This course combines instruction on current relaxation massage techniques and quality of touch with relevant information on the human body.
Why choose this qualification?
- Your Certificate will enable you to practice massage professionally for relaxation of healthy people.
- There are many employment opportunities including: self employment, work within the spa industry, workplace, onsite, corporates, gymnasiums, tourism/hotel industry and health centres.
- This Certificate is a very useful addition to other health/ fitness qualifications, e.g. nursing, physiotherapy, beauty therapy, sports science and personal training.
- NZQA approved Level 4, 22 weeks in class full-time or part-time
- Day, Evening and Weekend Class options available.
- Approved for Student Loans for domestic student for both full time and part time options.
- Approved for student allowances for full time domestic students only.
Full-Time Start dates:
- 11 February 2013 (Full-Time)
- 6 May 2013 (Full Time only)
- 1st July 2013 (Full Time only)
Part Time Certificate Option
NZCM is happy to provide a Part Time Certificate in Relaxation Massage option for students wanting Weekend studies.
The Part Time Certificate covers all the material availible in Full-Time classes but runs 2 Full Weekend's per month with a component of Distance Learning.
- Start Date: 27th April 2013
Wellington Part Time Classes (Weekend dates To be confirmed):
- Introduction to Relaxation Massage - 27th + 28th April 2013
- Deep Tissue Upper Body
- Deep Tissue Lower Body
- Massage Practice Management
- Surface Anatomy
- Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Onsite Chair, Hot Stone (Half day each)
- Head, Neck, Facial / Deluxe Massage
- Sport Therapy Weekend 1
- 1st Aid
- Sport Therapy Weekend
- Full Body Relaxation Massage
- Student Clinic Experience
- 23rd March 2013 - 15 September 2013
Auckland Part Time Class schedule:
- 23 + 24 March Introduction to Relaxation Massage
- 6 + 7 April Deep Tissue Upper Body
- 20 + 21 April Deep Tissue Lower Body
- 4 + 5 May Massage Practice Management
- 18 + 19 May Surface Anatomy
- 8 + 9 June Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Onsite Chair, Hot Stone (Half day each)
- 22 + 23 June Head, Neck, Facial / Deluxe Massage
- 6 + 7 July Sport Therapy Weekend 1
- 20 + 21 July 1st Aid
- 3 + 4 August Sport Therapy Weekend 2
- 17 + 18 August Full Body Relaxation Massage
- 14 + 15 September Student Clinic Experience
Need more information?
Join us at our Information Evenings - for details of dates and times visit http://www.massagecollege.ac.nz/information-evenings